The Bible Says:
Who do you believe? Have you heard a sermon on the rotten sin of drinking from your pulpit? Most churches and pastors are afraid to even address the issue.
They Say – alcohol use disorder (AUD)?
The Bible Says: – “You are a Drunkard / Winebibber”
They Say – For the JAMA Psychiatry study, researchers used the DSM-IVdefinition laid out by the American Psychiatric Association in 1994. This definition combines factors of alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence like:
- They Say – Drinking interfering with home, family, or job responsibilities
- The Bible Says: Proverb:23:33: Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.
- They Say – Drinking increasing chances of danger or injury
- The Bible Says: Proverb:23:29: Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?
- They Say – Withdrawal symptoms when coming down from intoxication
- Proverb:23:34: Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.
- They Say – An inability to stop drinking
- Proverb:23:35: They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.
They Say – Of 11 criteria given, the presence of two or more indicates an alcohol use disorder. Six or more indicates a severe alcohol use disorder.
The Bible Says: Proverb:20:1: Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.